- Community Blog
- Encanto Gas Holder
The Start of Demolition: Who's Who Part II
It might be a good idea to skim "The Start of Demolition: Who's Who" before viewing this addition.
A few weeks ago, there was a deposition in the matter of Encanto Gas Holder Victims v. SDG&E. What was really curious to the plaintiffs in that Proposition 65 enforcement matter was that the person being deposed was a complete unknown to them, even months into discovery. Even more curious were the classes of documents being requested of the witness to be brought to the deposition conducted by attorneys for SDG&E and Sempra Energy.
The witness was commanded to appear with all documents relating to the witness' unemployment, disability, and/or workmens comp claims regarding the witness' former employment at SDG&E and/or Sempra Energy.
To make a long story short, by the time that deposition was over, plaintiffs may now have the information necessary to show that any exposures to friable asbestos were "knowing and intentional" on the part of defendants.
In a Proposition 65 enforcement action, that phrase "knowing and intentional" is significant.
Trial date certain has been set for November 20, 2009, in Department C-60 before Judge Yuri Hofmann at the Hall of Justice.
No, it's not the place where SuperMan and WonderWoman are hanging out...
More like this:
- Almost Time to Fire Up the Encanto Gas Holder Shredder at SDG&E — March 12, 2010
- The End of Citrus Heights - Lemon Grove? — Dec. 30, 2009
- No Trial in Encanto Gas Holder Asbestos Mess — Nov. 10, 2009
- US v. SDG&E defendant loses new trial appeal? — Sept. 9, 2008
- The Voluntary Cleanup Agreement and the cleanup that never happened — Aug. 13, 2008