Chargers Coach Norv Turner: "I'm The Only Trickster God This Team Needs, Thank You Very Much."
During the press conference following his team's devastating, turnover-rich loss to the New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers Coach Norv Turner took time to say that "in retrospect, backup punter and wannabe-prankster Mike Scifres' decision to grease Philip Rivers' hand towel with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter was at best regrettable, and at worst, simply unfunny. Yes, there's an obvious gag in saying 'I can't believe it's not catchable' about this or that misthrown pass. But two interceptions and a fumble from our big star? Some jokes have a shorter shelf life than others."
More like this:
- Seven (Sun)days of Darkness? — Sept. 24, 2012
- Kelvin Acea: Fire Turner Now — Dec. 6, 2011
- Coach Turner Promises Miracle Turnaround for His Fantasy Football Team — Nov. 22, 2011
- Chargers Preview Edition — Sept. 6, 2007
- In With The Old — March 1, 2007