Tamara Johnson and Daryl Jackson. “Christmas is the most vile, disgusting thing on the planet."
- "The equality of all people and all religions is central to our faith. We didn't want to seem as though we were saying, 'No! We're not Muslims! Don't attack us! Those guys over there are Muslims! Go attack them!"
- By Abe Opincar, Nov. 2, 2006
"I would go to Padre or Charger games. People in the stands would yell things at me like, 'Osama!'"
- “When I was growing up in New York, before the period when we started calling this the ‘Winter Season,’ it was the ‘Christmas Program,’ and I was in a choir singing Christmas songs at public school. I could still give you a few verses of ‘Adeste Fideles,’ but I could never bring myself to sing the line ‘Christ the Lord.’”
- By Robert Kumpel, Dec. 14, 2001
Charles Hardy: "Christmas is just fine with me as a Buddhist. I don’t decorate my home, but we do send out Christmas cards.”
- "The women with whom I lived took cold showers — and they showered every time they had a bowel movement. "
- By Jeannette DeWyze, Aug. 3, 2006
New temple in Escondido. ISKCON acquired the Rincon Avenue property for $560,000, and "The escrow papers were stamped and signed and recorded on Krishna's birthday in 1999."
- If not, did you ever wonder why people do?
- By Matthew Lickona, April 8, 2009
Campus Crusade for Christ's Jon Braun, now Father Jon Braun, Orthodox priest: “I knew that the Roman Catholic Church was evil because that’s what I was taught.”
- Isn’t the Wizard of Oz a pretty good image of the Old Testament God — terrifying, all-powerful, full of bizarre commandments?
- By Matthew Lickona and Scott Marks, Dec. 21, 2011
Bob Hope and Marilyn Maxwell perform “Silver Bells” in
Sidney Lanfield and Frank Tashlin’s The Lemon Drop Kid.
- Turning the clock back 2000 years is no easy task.
- By Dorian Hargrove, Jan. 2, 2013
“I’ve only had positive experiences with them and do not feel like they are doing anything but good for one another."