Julie Stalmer 10:21 a.m., Sept. 22
Good Sam to the rescue
Vessel hits buoy, ejects occupants, does circles until dry
- HP issued two citations to boaters that were illegally moored at the HPD Guest slips.
- HP contacted a subject on the HPD guest slips and subject was subsequently arrested for an outstanding warrant. The arrested individual’s vessel was impounded.
- HP were dispatched to the Coast Guard station for an emergency medical call. It was found that a subject aboard a sailboat fell and struck his head after possibly suffering a heart attack. The operator took him to the CG station as it was close by. SDFD medical units transported him to the hospital. It was later found that the quick response of his crew members initiating CPR saved his life.
- HP were dispatched to the bait barges for a steel hulled 20’ vessel that was found adrift in the area. HPD contacted Vessel Assist to tow the vessel to the South Bay storage area.
- HP was dispatched to vessel collision where a small vessel collided with a navigational buoy. At impact with the buoy, both subjects were ejected and their vessel continued driving itself in circles. The two occupants were recovered from the water by a Good Samaritan and their vessel soon ran out of gas.
More from SDReader
- Rule 9 infraction, boating under the influence, and inexperienced sailor — July 13, 2017
- Wharf rats busy — June 19, 2017
- January Harbor Patrol highlights — Jan. 31, 2017
- Loose hose nearly sinks ship — Sept. 12, 2016
- Missing kayaker returns home, eventually — April 11, 2016