I’m not going to lie. The water is cold. It’s 12:51 p.m. on a Saturday and it’s low tide. I’m in ankle- to hip-deep water, digging for clams. The native Pismo clam, specifically. The first ...
- He defrauded clients, then plotted their murders
- More on Greinke vs. Quentin
- Past and present officials from three South Bay school districts arraigned
- Mexican sweat lodge open to public for the 15th annual Dance of the Mother Earth
- Review: Paris-Manhattan
- In stunning reversal, Sweetwater board votes to restore occupational programs, cut everything else
- Dig a hole: Jonathan Winters
- El Take it Easy set to close April 22
- Little Italy: Mezcal, corn dogs rule at Art & Commerce
- Downtown lobbyist from Carlsbad seeking San Diego city council seat
- Miramar Air Show replaces Blue Angels with characters from Pixar's Planes
- Spring Valley man reports marijuana stolen by police impersonator
- Pendleton's "Godfather" charged with bribery
- Free movies of the week: The Jackie Robinson Story
- New releases opening this week: 42, Trance, Room 237, and more
- Del Mar prepares to enact measure to allow food trucks back into city
- Lakeside security guard shootout story a hoax
- Carlos Quentin vs. Zack Greinke: The real reason for the brawl
- Brawl mars Dodgers victory over Padres
News & Stories
Community members, environmental activists, government officials, and business owners met in Kearny Mesa on April 10 to vocalize their support for clean water at the Regional Water Quality Control Board hearing. The purpose of the ...
The Clavin sisters, members of L.A.-based indie act Mika Miko, have released their first album as Bleached. Jennifer (vocals/guitar) and Jessica (guitar) can affect deep, raw feeling as well as a cheery summer vibe through ...
I was the only one in the vehicle awake, excluding the driver. There were four of us. Two were snoring loudly, and I was trying to read my book and failing. Perhaps because of the ...
Musicians and fans from around the globe descended upon Mexicali for Baja Prog 2013 lured by the possibility of aural utopia. This international festival brought out many musical giants in the progressive-music world, including the ...
Beery beast belongs outside shadow cast by Sculpin and Victory At Sea.
The owner of the Carlsbad Village Theatre signed an agreement with Carlsbad police on April 2 to help resolve the problem of loitering teenagers and transients who trample on his roof and gather outside the ...
The San Diego History Center (1649 El Prado, #3, Balboa Park) is trading in tuna cans for beer bottles. They’ve transformed the space that recently housed an exhibit paying homage to San Diego’s tuna fishing ...