(continued from an August 23 travel story) Via my acute investigational skills and combined Gringo/Uruguayan/Mexican/Spanish language abilities, I finally locate a Tijuana orphanage to spend time with. It was a long, tedious search for answers… ...
- Your Week: September 27-October 3
- U-T Not Trimming Much Staff at NC Times
- Happy hour at The Spot
- Amy Gerstler at Grossmont
- Baja & Border News Translations: Teens Represent 4 of 10 Pregnancies; Recommend Pets Get Bordetela Protection
- Sausages’re off, love
- Batwings: La Maldición EP
- Brewski Madness
- Single from Upcoming Room E/Parker & the Numberman LP
- Local Restaurants Dish out Cash to the Republican Party of San Diego County
- San Diego cartoon postcards for 2013 - what & where shall we draw?
- Fall writing conference part 2
- Longtime Kaiser employee claims wrongful termination
- Worker payroll deductions fuel Qualcomm's corporate PAC
- An allegiance
- Epic sandcastle in Coronado
- #YoSoy132 leader reported missing
- Tasty mobile pizza oven surprise
- Handmade Pasta
- City moves toward approval of expanded Tourism Marketing District
- SD Home Values Rise in July
- Solti is Joe Frazier
- Pitchfork Spears The Soft Pack, Applauds Dum Dum Girls
News & Stories
Few years back, I was in a posh San Diego rehab battling wretched alcoholism. Every night, my fellow rehabbers and I would pack in the shiny white van, and head off to yet another AA ...
Banners were hung about various pedestrian pathways into Mexico, warning border crossers that a change was going to come. On September 24, pedestrians were re-routed from the long-familiar spinning gates located on the west side ...
At 3:06 on the morning of September 25, the Sweetwater Union High School District board of trustees voted 3-2 to award Ed Brand a two-year contract with a compensation package higher than the superintendent of ...
Between 1987 and 1994, the $200-million Biosphere 2 structure with its two “lungs” and Energy Center was constructed on 40 rolling meadow acres west of the Santa Catalina Mountains and a half-hour north of Tuscon, ...
“Listen to the glacier talking to itself,” our guide urged us. I listened to what sounded like thunder in the distance, followed by cracks and pops as if someone was breaking a gigantic stick. A ...