Matthew Lickona 4 p.m., May 26
- Community Blog
Happy Trails Nancy
I just laced 3 yellow roses through the wrought iron gates on the Daley Double, a community landmark in Old Encinitas. Nancy sold it several years ago. I know that. I don't care. it's a Daley landmark and a part of thousands of local memories over the years. even national headlines when a politician's body guard or some aide got into a bit of a scuffle with locals.
I won't pretend we were close, or that she would even know my name. I think she would know my face though, from sitting next to each other at local weight watchers meetings or The Encinitas Cafe. I knew whe was Ill. I knew that her time was close, and I know that the servers at the cafe, past and present, loved her and visited her often. her voice yelling across the tables and her spirit are a part of its history too .
we talked several times, we are / were both travelers. she was a character and will be missed. Happy trails to you, until we meet again!
More like this:
- Waking to the call of a Rooster in herb scented linens — April 21, 2012
- Turning Bread into Wine — March 29, 2012
- Nancy's Second Chance for Happiness — April 23, 2010
- What Do Women Want? — Oct. 2, 2003
- Cheney's Bad Boys Irk Encinitas — March 21, 2002