- Community Blog
Palm Trolley Follies
The Palm Avenue trolley stop is a nightmare, and has been for at least a year now.
On three consecutive nights this week, I witnessed a drug bust (8 cop cars), a gang fight break-up (or what looked like one--4 cars at that), and, last night, with three cars present, what looked like a take-down of some hoodlum.
The stop is continually crowded with gangsters and dope pushers, and is increasingly unsafe, regardless of the time you're there.
MTS doesn't seem to care. (There's a big surprise.)
A city is measured by its civility, both in terms of its advancement of its humanistic policies and in how it treats its citizens, its creativity, both artistically and spiritually, its cleanliness, and its willingless to both provide safety to its residents and punish those who would threaten that safety. Palm Trolley is in San Diego proper; but it would do good for Imperial Beach to get involved with its poor administration, because the shenanigans ever-present there reflect directly upon it, Imperial Beach.
That said, don't hold your breath. Imperial Beach's city council is infamous for doing nothing, both for its own city and for its citizens. 'Twould be a pipedream to imagine them getting involved with anything outside of their own solipsistic little concerns.
More like this:
- New Year's Resolutions for IB — Dec. 31, 2008
- "Open, Open, Open ..." — Dec. 25, 2008
- The Case of the Missing Water and the Unadvertised Christmas Event — Dec. 6, 2008
- Palm Street Improvements Coming Along Nicely — Dec. 3, 2008
- A Facelift for the Imperial Beach Pier: Would That Facelift Include Better Law Enforcement On It? — Nov. 25, 2008