Julie Stalmer 9:30 a.m., May 22
A rough guide to music at Art Around Adams
The Normal Heights street fair celebrates ten years with artists, musicians, street performers, comedians, politicians, interactive installations, and more.
If an afternoon spin on the free “comedy trolley” - hosted by a handful of local wise-guys - isn’t more than enough reason to stop by Art Around Adams (it is), check out these musical highlights, who will be celebrating the street fair’s ten-year anniversary from 2 to 10 tomorrow (Saturday, June 1).
Click on band names for related Reader articles. Full lineup here.
Cafe 21 Stage - 2736 Adams Ave:
2:00 - Flowerthief
Papaha’s Gallery Stage at Car Wash - 3302 Adams Ave.:
7:24 - Madame Ur y sus hombres
Black Cherry Stage @DiMille’s Beer Garden - 3492 Adams Ave.:
9:00 - Bloodflowers
Folk Arts Stage - 2881 Adams Ave.:
4:45 - Santiago and Mire of Todo Mundo
Blindspot Stage @Smitty’s - 3441 Adams Ave.:
4:00 - New Kinetics
8:00 - Hills Like Elephants
9:00 - The Burning of Rome
Visual Shop Stage - 3524 Adams Ave.:
3:00 - 10shun
4:30 - Scatterbrain
6:30 - Odessa Kane
ArtLab Stage - 3536 Adams Ave.:
8:00 - Tori Roze & the Hot Mess
Don’t miss Mayor Bob Filner: 3:00 @ the Kensington Library Park Stage / Kids Zone - 4121 Adams Ave.
And Council President Todd Gloria: 3:45 @ Blindspot Records Stage / Smitties Service - 3441 Adams Ave.
Free – all ages
More like this:
- Liquid Geometry: Galactic Reign tour lands in Tijuana, San Diego — Oct. 5, 2013
- Boarsley: Sabertooth EP preview — Aug. 15, 2013
- Kill Quanti: Jonwayne, Jeremiah Jae, Mndsgn, and more. — Aug. 10, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013
- Stay Strange kicks off June residency at The Void — June 1, 2013