Ken Leighton 3:30 p.m., Sept. 21
Kill Quanti: Jonwayne, Jeremiah Jae, Mndsgn, and more.
Soda Bar hosts beat artists and MCs from labels including Warp, Brainfeeder, Stones Throw, A.1.R., and beyond.
On Sunday, August 11, local beat collective Kill Quanti are bringing an all-star hip hop and experimental beat showcase to Soda Bar (3615 El Cajon Blvd ) with headliner and Stones Throw artist Jonwayne topping the bill:
Chicago-based Warp and Brainfeeder producer Jeremiah Jae pounds out the art hop:
L.A. experimentalist Mndsgn brings the rhythmic weird:
Along with fellow LAlalander and mutter hop MC Zeroh (who has recorded with many of the artists on this lineup):
Black Jungle Squad MC and extensive Jeremiah Jae collaborator Oliver the 2nd:
San Diego’s own Scatterbrain the Acid Atheist (on Gonjasufi’s A.1.R. label):
Chill out with Chula Vista ambient beatsmith eksel:
And fellow Chula champion Dünga aka Andre Elias:
Visual projections by Mystery Cave.
Tickets are $8 - $10.
More like this:
- Fourth annual All My Friends Music Festival announces lineup — Sept. 3, 2013
- Ghosts of Baja: Vampire Slayer, Rancho Shampoo, Al B, and Al Lover — Aug. 30, 2013
- Tijuana Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Fair sprouts up in Food Garden — Aug. 22, 2013
- The Bancroft: Secret Fun Club, Innerds, and Hot Nerds — Aug. 6, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013