Matt Dunford, president, Little Fish Comic Book Studio and chairman, San Diego Comic Fest 9 p.m., Jan. 17
While visiting Tijuana this weekend, I noticed a Vaquero theme. Cowboy garb was everywhere.
I ran into this caballero sitting on a stool outside a taco shop off of Calle Gonzalez Ortega. He was watching a pair of women make fresh tortillas while waiting for his lunch.
One block over 6-year-old David played with friends in the courtyard at La Roca church.
A few miles away, Conrad Braun and his new wife Eunice wore western inspired attire at their wedding reception. Eunice designed her saloon style wedding gown with the help of a Rosarito based dress maker.
At the border crossing, this Vaquero persistently attempted to sell me a Virgin Mary statue. I passed, opting instead for some Tostilocos, a Mexican street food that involves vertically slicing open a bag of nacho-flavored Tostitos and topping them with cucumber, cueritos, lime juice, Valentina hot sauce, chamoy, tajín chile powder, salt and Japanese peanuts.
More like this:
- Street Style Carlsbad: Ankle Booties — Feb. 1, 2013
- Street Style: Normal Heights, effortlessly cool — Jan. 31, 2013
- Street Style, North Park: Fashion twins — Jan. 17, 2013
- Street Style: Polka dots — Jan. 14, 2013
- Street Style, worst trends of 2012: mom jeans and mullet dresses — Dec. 25, 2012