Christmas Fun with your Local History Organizations
This Sunday, December 9, there are two holiday events happening at North County historical societies. Both events are from 2:00-4:00p.m.
The Vista Historical Society will host their annual Christmas Tea at the Park Terrace Café at the Gloria E. McClellan Senior Center. In addition to yummy refreshments, a special visitor who sometimes says, “Ho, ho, ho!” will be in attendance. The Encore Youth Choir of Vista’s Encore Youth Theatre will add to the holiday spirit with a performance. Admission is free.
A bit west, the Carlsbad Historical Society invites you to decorate the Shipley-Magee House with them. Holiday songs and carols will add to the festivities. Attendees are asked to bring a treat to share.
Whichever you choose, either event is sure to bring a smile to the start of the holiday season and introduce you and yours to a couple of our wonderful North County historical organizations.
Vista Historical Society and Museum 2317 Old Foothill Drive P.O. Box 1032 Vista, Ca 92085-1032 Phone 760-630-0444 http://www.vistahistoricalsociety.com/
Gloria E. McClellan Senior Center 1400 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista CA 92084 (760) 639-6160
Carlsbad Historical Society 258 Beech Street P.O. Box 252 Carlsbad, CA 92008 (760) 434-9189 http://www.carlsbadhistoricalsociety.com/
More like this:
- Plans for 91-year-old Carlsbad theater unclear — Feb. 9, 2018
- Christmas snow from Escondido to Chula Vista — Nov. 30, 2016
- Take a mini-nature tour of the Buena Vista Creek Ecological Reserve, with a stop at the Historic Marron-Hayes Adobe — Feb. 22, 2013
- Holiday Shopping just got more “Dudish”: “Beer, chips, and no holiday music!” — Dec. 16, 2012
- Best of 2003: Best Local Filmmaker Forum — Dec. 25, 2003