Brothers arrested for beating of cab driver in Encinitas
Two brothers were arrested early Saturday morning (May 11) on charges of robbery and battery after beating a 52 year-old taxi driver and stealing his cell phone, valued at $40.
A Sheriff’s deputy noticed the victim sitting on the grass in front of a Jack in the Box restaurant on the 1400 block of Encinitas Boulevard shortly after 1:00 a.m. Saturday. The man said he had been beaten and robbed of his phone by a pair of white male adults after picking them up in Del Mar.
The suspects, 33 year-old Joseph and 38 year-old Joshua Vanderbrink, were located in a nearby parking lot and taken into custody, though one of the brothers became combative with deputies and was Tasered before being subdued.
The victim was treated on the scene for minor injuries, but refused further medical treatment.
More like this:
- Encinitas gas station robber Tasered, arrested — March 25, 2013
- Vista man bloodied when arrested during under-aged party — Jan. 21, 2013
- Double jeopardy — Nov. 26, 2012
- Car looters crash in Rancho Santa Fe — Oct. 12, 2012
- Two stabbed, nearly run down by car in Encinitas bar fight — Sept. 5, 2012