Archbishop of Buenos Aires named Pope
Jorge Mario Bergoglio chooses name "Francis"
Jorge Mario Bergoglio, Archbishop of Buenos Aires, has been named Pope. The white smoke appeared in Rome at 11:06 a.m. West Coast time, and the new Pope appeared a little more than an hour later.
More like this:
- It doesn’t look like a Catholic Church — May 30, 2017
- Taxation on top of salvation — Aug. 26, 2014
- Local company to launch Dennis Rodman "signature vodka" — July 12, 2013
- Who Plays Who: The Many Faces of Former Tijuana Mayor Jorge Hank Rhon Edition — June 23, 2011
- Poor but Snappy in Buenos Aires — Aug. 5, 2010