Ian Anderson 3 p.m., Dec. 10
Five killed overnight in Tijuana
At least five victims confirmed in bloody Tijuana night
The Attorney General of Baja California (La Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado) announced Saturday morning, June 8, that five people were murdered during recent hours in Tijuana. The five homicides occurred individually, in different parts of the city.
The first victim was an unidentified woman whose body was found at an apartment on the calle Benton. Shortly after, a 30 year old male was found dead in the colonia Del Río. During the evening hours a driver was attacked and killed in the colonia Reforma, while another was shot dead in the Zona Centro. The last victim found was a woman in the Mariano Matamoros neighborhood. The victim’s body showed significant signs of torture.
While homicides in Tijuana have slightly increased during the first portion of 2013, authorities have adamantly declared the majority of homicides are related to drug trafficking.
More like this:
- Two afternoon executions in Tijuana — June 11, 2013
- Baja California homicides up as result of drug violence — May 7, 2013
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana — March 18, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: First TJ Homicide of 2013; TJ Murders Down in 2012 — Jan. 3, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Criminal Charges against Mayor; 12 Killed in 48 Hours — Sept. 18, 2012