Don Bauder 3 p.m., Nov. 23
Portion of south bound lanes at San Ysidro POE to close overnight during June construction
U.S. construction at Mexico border near San Diego to build awning over traffic lanes
Construction began Monday, June 3, on a canopy that will cover all south bound lanes into Mexico at the San Ysidro port of entry. The project will require three to four lanes to close during the hours of 21:00 (9pm) to 05:00 during the month of June.
According to the U.S. General Service Administration website, the port of entry into Mexico will remain open during construction. Drivers are asked to drive slow and follow traffic signs.
More like this:
- Border traffic Hell — July 20, 2017
- New northbound lanes at San Ysidro POE to open Friday — Aug. 14, 2013
- Southbound lanes at Otay Mesa border crossing to partially close during overnight hours — June 17, 2013
- U.S. Considers Southbound Border Inspection Stations — July 12, 2012
- Details on San Ysidro Border Scaffolding Collapse — Sept. 17, 2011