Matt Potter 1:30 p.m., Nov. 17
Gael Garcia Bernal to star in immigration film shot in Baja California
Movie to depict immigrants and American citizen taking border patrolling into own hands
Gael Garcia Bernal, a widely popular Mexican actor and film director, is set to star in a film that will be shot in Baja California, beginning in October. The film, Desierto, is a Spanish language film which will depict Mexican immigrants facing an American who has taken patrolling the border into his own hands.
Desierto will be directed by up-and-coming filmmaker Jonás Cuarón. Jonás is the son of Alfonso Cuarón, a veteran Mexican filmmaker.
Exact locations of the filming in Baja have not been made public yet.
More like this:
- Que Viva! Cine Latino Returns to Otay Ranch — Aug. 26, 2013
- Inaugural Baja International Film Festival to take place this month — Nov. 6, 2012
- The Wild Wild East — March 24, 2010
- Border Angels — Dec. 7, 2006
- Taken together as one, Tijuana and San Diego form the most fascinating city in the New World — Nov. 19, 1992