Fugitive apprehended in Encinitas
Suspected motorcycle thief escaped custody last night at hospital
Sheriff’s deputies apprehended 18 year-old escaped fugitive Isaac Nachbar at a residence on the 100 block of Calle Magdalena in Encinitas early this evening (April 11) after a day-long manhunt, authorities have announced.
Shortly after 10 p.m. last night, Nachbar was found pushing a motorcycle near South Vulcan and Encinitas Boulevard. After further investigation, deputies tied Nachbar to a motorcycle theft reported earlier and placed him under arrest.
After complaining of feeling ill, Nachbar was transported from the Encinitas Sheriff’s Station to Scripps Encinitas Hospital, where he requested to use the restroom. Upon exiting, he broke away from a deputy who was attempting to reapply handcuffs and fled the hospital on foot.
The Sheriff’s Fugitive Task Force tracked Nachbar to the Calle Magdalena residence, where he was rearrested without incident shortly after 6 p.m.
More like this:
- Costco conspiracy gone wrong — Jan. 16, 2016
- Fugitive in custody after standoff in Imperial Beach — July 28, 2013
- Explosive discovered on beach in Cardiff — April 22, 2013
- Double jeopardy — Nov. 26, 2012
- You Can Ride but Can't Hide — Oct. 24, 2009