Matt Potter 9:51 a.m., June 27
San Jose Murderer Nabbed in Mexicali
The international unit of the Baja state police nabbed another fugitive Wednesday, May 23rd. Ernesto Daniel Chávez, a 23 year old from San Jose, California, was arrested in Mexicali where he was hiding.
Chávez is a known Sureño gang member, who is wanted for allegedly murdering a rival with a baseball bat. Chávez had fled to Mexicali where he has family members, in hope of avoiding arrest. Chávez has had numerous prior arrests, including aiding in the escape of his younger brother from a juvenile prison with the help of his mother.
Alfredo Arenas Moreno, coordinator of the Enlace Internacional de la Policía Estatal Preventiva (International Liaison of the State Preventive Police), gave details of the arrest and displayed the suspect in front of local media early Thursday. According to Moreno, information from United States authorities helped lead to the arrest.
More like this:
- L.A. Sureño arms trafficker nabbed in Mexicali — Nov. 11, 2012
- Chula Vista murder suspect nabbed in TJ — Oct. 5, 2012
- U.S. fugitive nabbed in San Felipe — Sept. 1, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012
- U.S. Fraudster Caught in San Felipe to be Extradited — May 30, 2012