Don Bauder 7:15 p.m., Sept. 23
Lincoln Club Wades into Chula Vista City Council Fray
The San Diego Lincoln Club announced this afternoon that it is going to support Pamela Bensoussan and London Meservy in the Chula Vista city council race.
Incumbent Bensoussan, a Democrat, is endorsed by the San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council and Chula Vista's Republican mayor Cheryl Cox. Contesting the seat are Larry Breitfelder, president of the Chula Vista Taxpayer's Association and Guillermo Briseno.
Meservy is currently registered as an independent and will be running against Democrats Linda Wagner and Mary Salas.
The Lincoln Club announcement included this quote from T.J. Zane, President and CEO of the Lincoln Club: "We believe Pamela and London will best serve the taxpayers of Chula Vista. We're impressed with both of them and look forward to working with them and Mayor Cheryl Cox, who has been a strong taxpayer advocate."
More like this:
- Chula Vista chamber of commerce PAC gets money from supervisor Cox — Oct. 31, 2012
- Has the Lincoln Club Lost Sway in the South Bay? — June 25, 2012
- An Inspection of Lincoln Club Endorsements for Chula Vista City Council — March 11, 2012
- Victors Write Chula Vista's History? Politicians Do — Dec. 7, 2011
- Top Contestants — Sept. 10, 2009