Three Local Lawyers Disbarred
The State Bar of California has disbarred three local attorneys, primarily for misbehavior in loan modification cases. Kent C. Wilson was disbarred for 30 cases of misrepresentation in loan modification actions. He closed his office without notifying clients who had paid upfront fees for services that weren't performed. Mohamed Fouzi Haffar was disbarred on 36 counts of misconduct in loan modification cases. He failed to provide competent legal services. Thomas Craig Nelson was disbarred on nine counts of misconduct in three matters. He had taken upfront fees to litigate against mortgage lenders but never initiated litigation. He also misappropriated $38,000 in client funds, according to the Bar.
More like this:
- Local lawyers disciplined, disbarred — Sept. 2, 2017
- Not suggesting you steer clear of these lawyers, but... — Feb. 15, 2016
- Don't seek legal help from these guys — June 2, 2015
- San Diego County lawyers run afoul of California Bar — Dec. 3, 2013
- Two county lawyers disbarred — Aug. 5, 2013