Delinda Lombardo 6:30 p.m., Oct. 17
El Cajon Bar Patron Shoots Man in Foot
El Cajon Police arrested 29 year-old Cein Kelley outside the Junction Bar on the 700 block of Jamacha Road shortly after midnight this morning.
In a release by the police department, officers responded to a call of multiple shots having been discharged from a handgun. Several men on the scene had disarmed Kelley and detained him until police arrived.
According to witnesses, Kelley had gotten into an argument with another bar patron earlier in the evening. He left and soon returned, armed with a revolver. He confronted a group of people outside the bar, firing off several rounds. One shot struck an unidentified 25 year-old man in the foot, who was transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police booked Kelley into county jail, where he is being held as an investigation continues. He will likely be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
More like this:
- Booze-smoking head scratcher — April 21, 2017
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot — Oct. 15, 2013
- El Cajon man removed from hiding spot under parked car by police dog — July 30, 2013
- Suspected El Cajon bank robber captured in Chula Vista — July 17, 2013
- El Cajon Police Shoot Knife-Wielding Man — March 1, 2012