A New J. David Scandal
Old-timers remember the Ponzi scheme named J. David that dominated San Diego news in the 1980s and into the 1990s. J. David Dominelli, the main manipulator, went to prison for a long stretch and has since died. Now there is a J. David Financial Group scandal in Houston. College coaches lost more than $7.8 million in David Salinas's investment scheme. This one had a twist: Salinas ran a basketball camp, and some suspect that coaches put their money with Salinas to get a crack at top athletes. This month, Salidas was found shot in the head; it was ruled a suicide.
More like this:
- Wall Street a trap for outsiders, says Madoff — June 24, 2013
- "Little Dominelli" Gets Nine Years in Slammer — May 25, 2010
- Did Dominelli Study Ponzi? — Nov. 4, 2009
- George Munger and the Golden Girl: Memories of J. David Dominelli's Ponzi Scheme — April 24, 2009
- She's No Dumbbell — Sept. 8, 2005