Body Found in Sweetwater Reservoir
The body of a suspected burglar was found submerged in the Sweetwater Reservoir after witnesses saw the man enter the reservoir after breaking into a nearby home.
Sheriffs say the unidentified man broke into a Spring Valley home on Tuesday afternoon. Shortly after, a fight broke out between the homeowner and the suspect.
"The victim and witnesses described the suspect’s behavior as, 'irrational' and 'bizarre' suggesting the suspect might have been under the influence of a controlled substance," read a report from the Sheriff's Department.
Witnesses later saw the suspect enter the Sweetwater Reservoir in an attempt to flee the scene of the crime.
A Sheriff's helicopter and deputies searched for the man. It wasn't until a dive team was called to conduct an underwater search when the man's body was found.
More like this:
- Man denies murder by the pool — Nov. 7, 2018
- Boulevard murder/arson/kidnapping suspect's car found in Idaho — Aug. 9, 2013
- Hostage situation averted in Imperial Beach — June 21, 2013
- Forced entry thwarted in Carlsbad — Feb. 27, 2013
- One-Man Crime Wave — March 20, 2009