Estancia Hotel Warns It Could Lay Off 295
The Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, recently bought at what was considered a low price, has told the California Employment Development Department that it could lay off as many as 295 employees. The highly-rated facility is at 9700 N. Torrey Pines Road. The WARN notice was filed Dec. 21. On Dec. 1, Irvine's Pacific Hospitality Group announced that it acquired the 210 room upscale facility from Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises. The property on 10 acres, opened in 2004, was placed on the market in June, according to San Diego Business Journal. At the time of the purchase, Atlas Hospitality Group estimated to the journal that the price was probably $63 million.
More like this:
- Hilton Mission Valley to lay off 148 — Feb. 3, 2013
- Prison riot — Dec. 12, 2012
- How San Diego hospitals bend will reduce charges on your bill — July 7, 2010
- Borrego Clubs Extend Shutdown Dates until Jan. 8 — Dec. 16, 2009
- Suit Claims Fraud at Hard Rock Hotel — Dec. 8, 2009