Borrego Clubs Extend Shutdown Dates until Jan. 8
The Borrego Ranch Resort & Spa (formerly Casa del Zorro) and adjoining Montesoro Golf & Social Club (formerly Rams Hill), which earlier warned they would close November 30 if they could not find an investor, have now extended the deadline until Jan. 8, both confirmed. First, they extended the date to Dec. 15, and then to Jan. 8. Borrego Ranch, once owned by Copley Press, was sold for a reportedly very low price and refurbished, but still has problems attracting visitors. Montesoro, which went through bankruptcy twice while named Rams Hill, has had trouble selling homes and getting golfers and social club members. Both have filed with the state, indicating there will be layoffs should they close. Borrego Springs Ranch & Spa would lay off 64 people and Montesoro 31.
More like this:
- Borrego: Flipsville Seeks a Savior — June 29, 2011
- Borrego Springs – a town left dry — Feb. 10, 2010
- Two Borrego Clubs Close Amid Bond Default — Jan. 8, 2010
- Fabled Borrego Springs Resort, Development May Close Nov. 30 — Oct. 15, 2009
- Copley's Former Casa del Zorro, Financially Troubled, for Sale Again — Aug. 25, 2009