Groovetube: Pal&Drome at Soda Bar
Twin wonder band Pal&Drome play psychic dance jams
Twin wonder band Pal&Drome is a psychic dance duo featuring the Wheeler brothers overlaying programmed beats and software with live instrumentation and heady vocal loops.
You may know of them from Scarlet Symphony, afro-funk outfit Society!, or, if you’re really lucky, enchanted forest post-rock gnomies The Glorfindel Trio.
Here’s an (albeit dark) look at a tango-based number they played last night at the Soda Bar opening for Austin’s eight-fold path to awesome band The Octopus Project.
Building on the driving house beats that carried much of their set, this track garnishes a dirty electro beat with deft bass lines a la Jaco Pastorius and the aphex lovechild of Justice, Squarepusher, LCD Soundsystem and Bajo Fondo.
Zach Wheeler describes the project as “Positive funk groove. It’s all about the groove. Just a dance party. We want to see people feeling good, not worrying about shit, at least for the hour.”
More like this:
- Moonshake is back from space — Oct. 9, 2013
- Tijuana: Moonshake returns to La Sexta at La Mi-Ja de La Mezcalera — Jan. 27, 2013
- Sonic Stream - Moonshake, WITT, Pilots, Mystery Cave, Sponge — Dec. 28, 2011
- Now You Know: Pal&Drome — Dec. 7, 2011
- Pal&Drome Wants You to Stop Worrying and Dance — Nov. 7, 2011