Third Thursdays Rule (Makeout Weird - Liquid Geometry)
If you’re still wondering how best to spend your Thursday evening, you’re in luck. Every third Thursday, two of my favorite monthlies happen at the same time.
Makeout Weird at the Whistle Stop fuses experimental, punk, and dance music into an always-lively showcase of San Diego's exploratory underbelly. Curated by DJ Monsterpussy, tonight’s Makeout Weird features UCSD media professor Michael Trigilio (aka Everything Is Up) making sound with analog modular synthesis and touch screen applications.
Batwings guitarist Bryan Oczkowski will be performing as Prov i Dance, heralding his departure to Rhode Island to manage musical gear at Alesis, a music electronics company. Described as “short set, Black Dice, Electronic Beat/Noise.”
And it’s free.
The Whistle Stop – South Park – 2236 Fern Street
As usual, abstract fractal acidic polygon visuals by Wind Spirit.
Kava Lounge – Little Italy – 2812 Kettner Blvd
More like this:
- Things for Doing: Kaminanda, gEars, Lucent Dossier — Jan. 19, 2012
- Five (Really Good) Reasons to Get Out of the House Tonight — Sept. 15, 2011
- Tonight! California Bleeding (Makeout Weird), NguzuNguzu (Liquid Geometry), and Todo Mundo — Aug. 18, 2011
- Weird Geometry on Third Thursdays — July 20, 2011
- San Diego's Beat Scene — June 6, 2011