Raider Icahn Says He Won Two Seats on Biotech Board
Corporate raider Carl Icahn this afternoon (June 3) said he has won two of 13 total seats on the board of Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech Biogen Idec. The Idec part of the company has been one of San Diego's biotech success stories. At last report, Biogen Idec was saying shareholders need more time to vote. Icahn's representatives have objected. Last year, Icahn waged a proxy fight against Biogen Idec, wanting to sell the company. This year, he wants to break it into two separate businesses. On May 27, Icahn won a board seat on San Diego biotech Amylin. Another dissident group one a seat, too, on the 12-seat board.
More like this:
- Biogen Idec Whacks Idec, Its San Diego Wing — Nov. 3, 2010
- Amylin Loses Two Board Seats, but Won't Reincorporate in North Dakota — May 27, 2009
- North Dakota Relocation? Amylin, Biogen Idec Shivering at Prospect — Feb. 20, 2009
- Biogen Idec, Elan Report Tysabri Brain Disease Cases; Stocks Plunge in After-Hour Trading — July 31, 2008
- Biogen Idec Can't Find Buyer; Stock Plummets — Dec. 12, 2007