Lead Indicators of San Diego Economy Continue Steady Decline
The lead indicators of the San Diego economy, compiled by University of San Diego economist Alan Gin, continued to drop in November, indicating that the good news is not arriving. The indicator has declined each month this year. The November 2008 reading was 110.6, down 1.9 percent from October. In November of 2007, the index was at 140.4. Last month, every component declined: building permits, initial unemployment claims, stock prices, consumer confidence, help wanted advertising and the national economy.
More like this:
- Gin's Lead Indicators Inch Forward in November — Dec. 21, 2010
- Local Lead Indicators Rise....BUT — July 28, 2009
- San Diego Lead Indicators Rise for Second Month — June 25, 2009
- Alan Gin's USD Leading Indicators of San Diego Economy Continue Plunging — Jan. 29, 2009
- San Diego Lead Indicators Plunge from Year Ago; All Local Components Down — Oct. 30, 2008