Topside Shakeup at Copley?
Is the man who knows where the bodies are buried at Copley Press on the way out? Or out? According to a good source, attorney Karl ZoBell, who is on the Helen K. Copley revocable trust along with David Copley and former chief operating officer Chuck Patrick, has left the organization. That trust is the repository of the legal and financial secrets of the privately held company. ZoBell is also on the board of the company and is a trustee of the James S. Copley Foundation. "I can't discuss any attorney-client matters," says ZoBell. "We don't discuss those things," says Hal Fuson, current chief operating officer.
More like this:
- Quintessential San Diego: tax fraud through a trust — Aug. 20, 2013
- David Perez Loved His Katrina Publicity, but Has Quietly Left Company in Tatters — March 25, 2008
- Copley Selling Casa del Zorro in Borrego, Wants Sale by End of Year — Dec. 24, 2007
- David Copley names Hal Fuson as Union-Tribunechief operating officer — June 14, 2007
- Copley-Morgan Depositions Show Loose Reins at Tribune — Sept. 5, 1991