Barbarella Fokos 3:47 p.m., June 26
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
BORDER NEWS TRANSLATIONS 3: Quarter of a Million $$$
Jonathan Romero Barreras, 25, and Alejandro Camacho Arteaga, 23, were detained at a Colinas de Agua Caliente home by the Mexican Army. In addition to more than $247,000 in counterfeit dollars cash, they also possessed 26-kilo packages of cocaine. The cocaine was packaged similar to the drugs displayed yesterday by the military, when they arrested a subject nicknamed “The Jackal” with links to the Fernando Sánchez Arellano (aka “The Engineer”) crime group.
According to the Tijuana Press, the arrests were carried out by a joint operation of the Mexican Army and Tijuana Municipal Police. A Dodge Ram truck with California plates was also confiscated. The two detainees originated in Sinaloa State.
More like this:
- El Mono Arrested in the Zona Norte — July 8, 2012
- Mexican Army Intercepts Drug Shipment — May 6, 2012
- Raids Net Over a Ton of Drugs, Plane, & Arrests — April 10, 2012
- Border News: 1 Shot; Drugs Seized; Military Chastised — June 11, 2011
- BORDER NEWS TRANSLATIONS 6: Way Up In Smoke — April 9, 2011