Garrett Harris 10:27 p.m., May 22
Learn Beginning Screenwriting at the Media Arts Center
Glenn Heath, film critic for Slant Magazine and programmer at the San Diego Latino Film Festival, will be holding a beginning screenwriting class at the Media Arts Center.
No previous experience is required. All you need is an idea for a short film and the willingness to see it through. Glenn will guide you through the steps of translating your ideas to the page and how to properly format a script.
The classes will be spread over three nights and cover the following topics:
Thursday 7/12, 6-8pm
- 101: Story Basics
- The hook, location, character, story structure, pacing, the Hero's Journey
Thursday 7/19 6-8pm
- 102: The Script
- Script formatting, active voice and detail
Thursday 7/26 6-8pm
- 103: The Sell
- The art of pitching, selling your ideas
Classes will be held at the Media Arts Center, 2921 El Cajon Blvd. Enrollment is $30 per session, $25 for members.
Click for more information.
More like this:
- Summer Youth Media & Tech Camps at Media Arts Center — June 5, 2014
- Digital Gym offers workshops on acting, post-production, and how to make a short film — April 22, 2013
- Industry experts bring Script to Screen symposium to San Diego — March 19, 2013
- November workshops at Media Arts Center San Diego — Nov. 8, 2012
- Media Arts Center Announces June Workshops Featuring Maya 3-D! — June 8, 2012