Ian Anderson 4 p.m., Nov. 19
Col. Landa vs. the Muppets?
It's been my good fortune to have made it through only one of the Muppets numerous big screen outings. I could be wrong, but don't they usually contain a scene set inside a movie theatre?
Remember how Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds wrapped? Who better than Christoph 'Col. Landa' Waltz to perform a full third act celluloid blitzkrieg on the gabby antron fleece socks? (Throw in the guy who got in trouble for fisting Elmo, too, while you're at it.)
Cinema Blend reports that due to scheduling conflicts, Waltz is likely to opt for a cameo role instead of the larger part originally assigned him in the planned sequel.
I have two words for Mr. Waltz: Chris Cooper.
Director/puppet-wrangler, James Bobin, told CB, "Waltz is such a no-nonsense guy, we’d love to see him let his hair down, so to speak, for a silly dance number with Piggy." Didn't Waltz already let the follicles fly in The Green Hornet? Be careful what you wish for.
Waltz can currently be seen lighting up the screen in Tarantino's Django Unchained.
More like this:
- James Cameron continues the madness! — July 8, 2013
- Don't forget this Sunday's Live Oscar Blog! — Feb. 20, 2013
- Gobs of Globes — Dec. 13, 2012
- Quentin Tarantino gives red band Django trailers a personalized touch — Dec. 3, 2012
- My Favorite Image from the Trailer for Tarantino's Django Unchained — June 7, 2012