Barbarella Fokos 3:47 p.m., June 26
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre to get 3-D Leatherface-lift
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Tobe Hooper's ultra low budget 1974 horror opus, has generated three sequels, a remake, a prequel, a video game, and countless imitations, as well as holding the dubious distinction of giving rise to the foulest genre of them all: the slasher film.
Lionsgate, the house that Saw built, announced plans Monday to upgrade from a Jigsaw to a line of cordless Black & Deckers. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D, which goes before the cameras next month, will be the first in a series of six (!) planned remakes.
No word yet on who will reprise the roles of Leatherface (I'm hoping for Danny Trejo) or his cannibalistic kin, but John Luessenhop (Takers) is in talks to direct.
More like this:
- History of San Diego — Dec. 19, 2015
- Review: Texas Chainsaw 3D — Jan. 7, 2013
- The Texas Chainsaw interview that never was — Dec. 31, 2012
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, Mother's Day — Oct. 25, 2007
- Movies reviewed this week: Venus, Le Petit Lieutenant, The Hitcher — Jan. 25, 2007