Matt Potter 1:30 p.m., Sept. 18
As part of 10-year celebration, SanDiegoCityBeat dings Reader cover stories.
From Ms. Beak's "San Diego Munch" column on "10 media vampires that should have been spiked long ago":
"9. Reader cover stories. OK, we get it. They are different. Quirky. But after all these years of staking out the esoteric high ground, would it really kill the editors to run a cover story that people may actually want to read?"
More like this:
- Help us rename the Marine Corps Mud Run! — July 2, 2016
- Top 10 Reader stories of 2014 — Dec. 30, 2014
- The Reader under review — Sept. 17, 2014
- Alt-Sexy? — Feb. 14, 2014
- U-T San Diego scrambles to cover up Copley death story snafu — Nov. 21, 2012