One of the oldest clubs in North Park. The tables at Tuesday’s karaoke night vanish to become a dance floor for quality hip-hop/funk on Wednesdays, fusion/dance anthems on Thursdays, and high-energy mixes on Friday and Saturday nights. These mixed sounds inspire the club’s appeal in the hip neighborhood of North Park. Great drink specials throughout the week make U-31 a great place to try new dance moves or impress friends with old ones. The music embraces both.
Type of Food: American
Prices: Smoky Mountain Blue burger, with Memphis BBQ sauce, bacon, blue cheese, $7.50; turkey cobb burger with bacon, jack cheese, $7.50; reliably good daily deals, e.g., 50-cent wings on Wednesdays; veggie or fish tacos, $2.50
Hours: 5pm–2am daily (from 4pm Fridays, noon Saturdays, 9am football Sundays)
Buses: 2, 6, 7, 10
Nearest Bus Stops: University and Grim (7, 10); 30th and University (2, 6)
Friday, October 5, 7:30 p.m.
- "U-31 taken over by scantily clad models" · Feb. 24, 2014
- "Landlocked mermaids in North Park" · Feb. 13, 2014
- "Champion Chew" · Jan. 4, 2012
- "King of Quiz" · Nov. 10, 2011
- Set 'Em Up, Joe: Paloma · April 20, 2011
- "Hip-Hop" · Aug. 18, 2010