The colony “hauling out” on the rocks and swimming around the waters of the Cove has grown logarithmically.
- Cityzella terrorizes humble trailer folk at De Anza Cove.
- By Ollie, Sept. 14, 2011
Bill Killman has owned his De Anza Cove mobile home since 2000. It has a sunroom, 2 bedrooms,
1 bath, and is air-conditioned. He pays about $800 per month for the use of the lot and utilities.
- I'm telling you it's a trap. And we're all doomed.
- By Elizabeth Salaam, July 31, 2013
Since the early 1990s, new home construction
has been a constant in Eastlake.
- ...and there’s not much to be done about it
- By Caitlin Rother, Jan. 15, 2014
Drew Downs (left) and Richard Walker swim daily at dawn in La Jolla Cove. They were recently blocked by a large and aggressive sea lion who bared his teeth whenever they tried to enter the water.
- In 8 years, home prices went from $320,000 to $750,000 and back.
- By Matthew Lickona, Nov. 10, 2010
Block party on McCain Valley Ct. "I went house to house and dropped off a flyer asking if people were interested. There are 30 homes on our street, and only 5 homes weren’t able to make it."
- Reporting from the front lines, here. Before me, across Juniper: Them. North Parkians. If you didn't know they were The Other, you'd be fooled into thinking they're just like you.
- By Bill Manson, July 21, 2010
“Developers went into North Park and just leveled many of their beautiful Craftsman houses. They destroyed it. They put up these outrageous rickety-dickety [apartments]."
- A safe haven for war refugees and other displaced persons.
- By Elizabeth Salaam, March 17, 2010
Tower Bar owner Mick Rossler: “City Heights people are unpretentious.”