Miramar – Naval air station and a trash dump
Goldfingers Gentlemen's Club, trespassing bicyclists, abortionist in Sharp Hospital clothes, Miramar jet noise complaints, Miramar city dump
F-35 Lightning. "They are tearing down old hangars and building new ones to house the jet."
- For the first time since the 1978 PSA plane disaster over North Park, the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) is changing San Diego's air traffic control system. According to Jerry Hargarten, the FAA's new plan looks like a disaster-in-waiting, at least for Miramar. Under the plan, the Marine Corps will be authorized to mix squadrons of "Super Stallion" and "Sea Knight" helicopters with fixed-wing transport planes and F-18 jet fighters -- all flying out of the same airfield.
- By Bill Manson, June 11, 1998
- A former dancer at Goldfingers Gentlemen’s Club on Miramar Road has filed a class-action lawsuit faulting her ex-employer of failing to pay a living wage. It is the second class-action lawsuit filed against strip clubs this year: last month a former dancer at Cheetahs made similar accusations.
- By Dorian Hargrove, July 17, 2015
The policy of hiring dancers as independent contractors instead of employees is an industry-wide standard.
- The confusion over who's allowed in the area where the northwest part of Mission Trails meets the east end of U.S Marine Corps Air Station Miramar will now be cleared up by armed Marines taking bicyclists, hikers and other trespassers into custody, the Marine Corps confirmed Friday. "We will take their bikes and hold them as evidence," said Lt. Gabriel Adibe, a Miramar Public Affairs officer.
- By Marty Graham, July 25, 2015
- The mountain-bike trail behind Miramar National Cemetery at the west end of the Miramar Marine Corps Air Station was crafted with care and skill. It had a bridge over a low point and has drainage pipes through other dips. It's a roller-coaster ride on well-compacted reddish dirt through the canyons west of where the railroad cuts across the 23,000-acre base. The trails are also indicative of illegal trespassing onto Marine Corps land, says Capt. Chris Robinson.
- By Marty Graham, March 11, 2016
The trails are banked and well worn through the terrain
- Dr. Robert Santella, an abortionist for Family Planning Associates on Miramar Road, has no affiliation with Sharp Healthcare, according to a statement issued by the hospital last week. A video recorded in June prompted Sharp to make the declaration.
- By Kate Peterson, July 29, 2016
Robert Santella got within inches of Zephaniah Mel
- There may be a shift in the military aircraft noise from Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, this week and in the long term, base commander Col. Jason Woodworth told the Mira Mesa Planning Group Monday night. "I assure you - and the general does too - the aircraft that are flying are still meeting the exacting standards before military use," Woodworth said.
- By Marty Graham, April 18, 2017
"Folks along Genessee and around the 805 will get more noise than Mira Mesa."
- University City residents continue to express their concerns for the safety of residents at the west end of Miramar Marine Corps Air Station runways, saying that the flight webtracker they used to identify aircraft they believe were off-course has stopped carrying military flight data.
- By Marty Graham, June 16, 2017
The area was the site of an FA-18 crash in 2008 that destroyed two houses and killed a mom, a grandmother, and two children.
- With the post-summer wind direction about to shift from east to west, the city and county are working overtime to solidify a plan to quell odor complaints that skyrocket between November and April against Miramar Landfill. Proposed measures have deadlines ranging from September 2017 to February 2019.
- By Julie Stalmer, Sept. 15, 2017