Dianne York-Goldman website.  "Eleven years later I realized I was robbed blindly."
  • Dianne York-Goldman website. "Eleven years later I realized I was robbed blindly."

One-time La Jolla socialites Dianne York-Goldman and Dr. Mitchel Goldman were divorced in 2009, but the dissonant music lingers on. In October of 2008, Pennsylvania-based Avidas Pharmaceuticals announced a new anti-aging product, Vitaphenol Complex. It was developed by Mitchel Goldman, M.D., and Dianne York-Goldman, the company boasted in a news release.

According to Avidas's website, Goldman remains a scientific advisor to the company. On April 20 of this year, York-Goldman filed a suit against Avidas in Superior Court. On June 2, the suit was moved to federal court. She claims that the company told her in 2008 that she would get 8 percent of the profits from the sale of Vitaphenol, and the company broke the contract. The company retorts that hers is an "artfully pleaded, albeit factually devoid complaint." The company argues that under the contract, it had the right to terminate the deal.

This is York-Goldman's 39th trip to San Diego courts, as either plaintiff or defendant, since 1999. She first came to my attention in 2013, when women were reporting that they had been harassed by former Mayor Bob Filner. She claimed that he had put his arm around her and touched her buttocks. They were posing for a photo and she was smiling. CNN ran the photo, and from what I could see, Filner's hand was well above York-Goldman's derriere.

Nonetheless, she filed a claim with the City. Her claim was denied and the case has been closed, according to the City's Risk Management Department.

Although she has had some business failures, including attempts to file bankruptcy and eviction from her La Jolla office, on her Facebook page she purports to be a "media expert, speaker, author" and business executive.

On a website, she vents her bitterness. She says she was an accomplished model when she married her first husband. That ended in divorce. She says she was worth more than $5 million when she married Goldman. She erred by not demanding a pre-nuptial agreement, she says. "This resulted in my having to pay for all his family expenses, including child support, spousal support legal fees, among all other support categories. Eleven years later I realized I was robbed blindly." She lashes out at Goldman's associates: They "took the time and money to lie, distort, and spread hatred about me; [they] just cannot accept the fact that I had everything, was a very successful business woman but made some bad choices in men."

Dr. Goldman could not be reached for comment.

Comments

JustWondering June 18, 2017 @ 4:09 a.m.

I'm just wondering... about the "news" value in the blog piece... is there any here whatsoever? Her use of the courts seems excessive. However, we do not know the results of the cases filings other than the dubious claim filed with the City's Risk Management department.

Whether plaintiff or respondant 39 cases; I'm wondering how she got that ego through the courtroom door?

Don Bauder June 18, 2017 @ 2:58 p.m.

JustWondering: At the time she claimed Filner had his hand on her behind, I noted that she had been in court more than 35 times, not including an attempted bankruptcy filing in Los Angeles. This time, the count is 39. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder June 18, 2017 @ 2:59 p.m.

MaryAnne Beckham: True. I will bet attorneys have made a bundle from these suits. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder June 18, 2017 @ 3:01 p.m.

Elizabeth Hansen: Well, at least you didn't use those words, "fake news." Best, Don Bauder

ehansen298 June 18, 2017 @ 9:43 p.m.

Don Bauder, I have no reason to think that what you wrote is fake news. I only commented because I remember you well from the SD UNION, and the piece on Dianne Goldman seemed so out of character.

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 7:56 a.m.

ehansen298: I did lots of pieces like this for the U-T. Best, Don Bauder

shamus June 18, 2017 @ 4:30 p.m.

I don't take sides in these cases because as a retired PI I saw enough pain and suffering in Domestic Court during divorces that I never worked another after the first one. I've seen women lose big time just as I've seen men lose everything. Give me a simple ole homicide any day.

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 8 a.m.

shamus; I am unlikely to do a homicide unless it's key piece of a financial scam. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 8:03 a.m.

SportsFan0000: You could also call it War of the Noses. Dr. Goldman is a plastic surgeon. Best, Don Bauder

SportsFan0000 June 18, 2017 @ 9:14 p.m.

39 times in court....Trump has her beat...He has been sued 135 times since he became Pres.

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 8:05 a.m.

SportsFan0000: And if a journalist reported on those suits, Trump would denounce the story as fake news despite the court records in the hands of the journalist. Best, Don Bauder

SportsFan0000 June 18, 2017 @ 9:15 p.m.

Sounds like York had her hands on Filner's and the City's wallets instead..

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 8:08 a.m.

SportsFan0000: She obviously wanted a payment from the City. She did not get a cent. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 8:11 a.m.

David J. Flansburg: Congratulations! I have never been called a poop-face mush mouth before. My oldest grandson, a wordsmith at age 5, hasn't even thought of that. Best, Don Bauder

Ponzi June 19, 2017 @ 7:38 p.m.

Dianne York will sue anything that moves. When she walks in the room, the fish stop swimming.

SportsFan0000 June 19, 2017 @ 8:56 p.m.

Thanks for the warning! Next time I attend some charity fundraiser I willl watch out for the red haired terror and swim the other way..lol!

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 9:33 p.m.

SportsFan0000: But are you an Olympics-qualified swimmer. You may have to swim fast. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder June 19, 2017 @ 9:32 p.m.

Ponzi: Do they float to the surface, faking death? Best, Don Bauder