Scott Marks 5 p.m., Nov. 22
“Presence of God” by Appar
- No man holds sway o’er us,
- Nor death nor hell fear we;
- No tremblings, griefs of mind,
- No pains nor cringings see.
- Joy, day by day, unchanged
- Is ours, for we are His,
- His ever, who doth reign,
- Our Sankara [Shiva], in bliss.
- Here to His feet we’ve come,
- Feet as plucked flow’rets fair;
- See how His ears divine
- Ring and white conch-shell wear.
More from SDReader
- Let thy blessèd Spirit bear a part/and make up our defects with his sweet art — April 12, 2017
- Many a long and joyless year have I — Jan. 2, 2017
- Financial Advice to Poets — May 25, 2016
- Four poems by David Mason — Sept. 9, 2015
- "Pious Fear" by Manikkavacakar — Oct. 23, 2013