Content for Friday, August 16, 2013
- California man accused of cooking wife is due in court Tuesday
- Mark Dresser's night at the museum, volume 1
- Sentencing delayed for California dentist and wife who stole from patients
- North Park residents propose alternate design for contested Jack in the Box remodel
- LEAKED: SDGE draft for first "SDGE-Man" comic
- Weekly protests at General Atomics pass the one-year mark
- County unemployment rate rises to 7.8% in July
- New releases opening this week: The Act of Killing, In A World... and more
- San Diegans could be last to know who's paying for Filner recall
- Meet Miles Teller star of The Spectacular Now
- Balloon-mounted shark tracking camera launches in La Jolla
- Mets get best of Padres
News & Stories
Every once in a while you just got to get your fiddle on. Austin, Texas–based Americana roots-rock band Whiskey Shivers got the job done on a warm Saturday night at the Soda Bar. The Whiskey ...
In 2010, Superchunk came back from an "extended hiatus" with the aptly titled Majesty Shredding. Now, after a three-year hiatus, the Chapel Hill fearsome foursome returns with I Hate Music. Apparently the hatred of music ...
“Why are they pushing this down our throats?”
Political pressure is building in National City to allow Alliant International University to take over some classrooms previously dedicated to National City Adult School. On August 5, the National City Planning Commission voted to table ...
Beer from nearby Riverside County seeping into San Diego
Some San Diegans may be familiar with the moniker Wiens. Those same people are likely to be fans of wine tasting in the nearby Temecula Valley, as it’s the name of a winery just off ...
Event to be the climax of city’s monthlong 124th birthday party
City officials are predicting a traffic nightmare this weekend in Playas de Tijuana and surrounding neighborhoods as more than 45,000 people are expected to attend a free concert by Gloria Trevi, "the supreme diva of ...