About 100 concerned citizens and business owners poured into the Mira Mesa Community Planning Group meeting room on September 16, requiring many people to stand in the corridor because the hot, stuffy room was packed. ...
- Free monthly photo contest
- Schachter Seven live at Dizzy's
- More trouble for Sequenom's Down Syndrome test
- Interview with Parkland writer-director Peter Landesman
- Urban Corps gets Carlsbad power washing contract
- He claimed he didn't know the basic stockbrokers' creed
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: Our Gang comedies, 1922 - 1938
- The wait is over...
- The Tacoburger: Part Seven
- Do Tests Kill the Love of Learning?
- Donor in big money Filner border scandal turns to Fletcher
- Unions continue to pour money into pro-Alvarez Committee. Fletcher gets backing from Jacobs family and several Qualcomm executives
- Operator of marijuana collectives sues lawyer who helped set them up
News & Stories
Mention China and the first image in your mind is likely the Great Wall. Or Mao’s portrait at Tiananmen Square. Or maybe the Shaolin Temple. It’s not likely, though, to be the Tiger Leaping Gorge ...
Everyone's best buddy Shamu, the killer whale, is raising money for The Rady Children's Hospital. The name of the the event is the Shamu and You Walk. I’m not sure how much walking Shamu is ...
When she talked to the Reader in July, T. Greenwood remained tight-lipped on details about her newest novel, Bodies of Water, saying nothing more than that it was “sort of a taboo love story.” The ...
Popular watering hole The Local Eatery and Drinking Hole (1065 Fourth Avenue, Downtown) is working on establishing its own brewery. A an early adapter to the craft beer model, The Local regularly serves a long ...