The April 18 Transportation Corridor Agencies meeting that revived the Trestles toll road plan was scheduled on short notice, held without notifying interested parties, and rubber-stamped at a meeting in Orange County. To the Natural ...
- Dragon Lounge: future jungle birthday party
- Exploring the solo guitar with Gyan Riley
- Outrage at Costco food court: Pepsi replaces Coke
- La Jolla Half Marathon
- Relief for Gaslamp moviegoers' parking woes
- Goldsmith, DeMaio among hosts of fundraiser for Dumanis's next DA campaign
- New releases opening this week: Graceland, Mud, Upstream Color and more
- Proposed ordinance would outlaw the sale of pets raised at commercial breeding facilities
- UCSD exec, ex-politician each receiving annual $5,000 from La Jolla non-profit
- Over a mile of copper wiring stolen from community park
- Let's Talk About Microbes
News & Stories
Sitting halfway between Tahiti and Fiji, the Cook Islands are yet to be discovered by most Americans. The vast majority of visitors who do come here are Australians and New Zealanders (for whom it’s a ...
When The Strokes released Is This It in 2001, it wasn't uncommon to hear them proclaimed as the saviors of modern rock ’n’ roll. Their sound was gritty and focused but also loose and impossibly ...
The Evens, a D.C.-based duo of Ian MacKaye (formerly of Minor Threat and Fugazi) and Amy Farina (formerly of the Warmers) performed a lively, powerful set at the Irenic, playing several songs from their debut, ...
A young boy did some exploring to pass the time while his parents sold jewelry and craft items on the sidewalk next to Seaport Village on April 23. The parents, who preferred not to give ...