FOR THE AUDIENCE
The most prominent street entertainers and where to find them.
- Normal Heights Lounge Lizards (Bluegrass Musicians)
- Formal Garden on Village Place
- Armondo Lucero (Magic. Mime, and Juggling)
- Behind Casa Del Prado
- San (Musical Trio)
- Lily Pond
- Dean Rouch (Musician)
- Alcazar Gardens
- Stanley Guimond (Musician)
- Lawn East of the Mall
- Jericho West (Musician)
- Lawn North of Ford Building
- Jeff Pekarek (Musician)
- Lawn South of House of Pacific Relations
- Various Black or Chicano Musicians (Ethnic Music)
- Lawn East of Gold Gulch
- Tim Haas (Musical Trio)
- Corner of El Prado and Balboa Drive
- Hare Krishna Movement (Religious Musicians)
- Corner of Sixth Ave. and El Prado
- Indian Magique (Actors)
- Zoro Gardens
OTHER AREAS IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY:
- Mark Wenzel (Mime Artist)
- Pacific Beach. Ocean Beach. La Jolla
- Mr. Trash (Vaudevillian)
- Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, Various College Campuses
- Turk Pipkin (Juggler)
- Pacific Beach, Fashion Valley
- Kit Summers (Unicyclist)
- Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach
- Lamb’s Players (Religious Actors)
- El Cajon
FOR THE ENTERTAINERS:
Rules and Regulations regarding performing.
Playing guitar with the case open, obviously asking for spare change, is against the Law in San Diego. The Police can and will arrest you for soliciting. However, the Community Services Division of the San Diego Parks and Recreation Department under the supervision of George Loveland can issue an Entertainment and Music Permit subject to the following regulations:
The permit is valid only in Balboa Park. The permit is valid only in certain areas (see listings).
The permit is valid only for the person and date indicated on the permit.
The permit is valid only from 9:00 a.m. until dusk.
The permit is valid only when in possession of the Permittee. Amplification of any type is not permitted. Percussion and brass instruments are not permitted.
Signs publicizing the activity are not permitted.
Entertainers or spectators blocking doors, walks, or arches is not permitted.
The maximum number of entertainers allowed per permit is six (6).
There is no fee for the Entertainment and Music Permit but the permits are issued only on a first come, first serve basis. The permits may be obtained from the Casa del Prado office in Balboa Park, any day of the week; from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m.