- Community Blog
The Hesitant Rhinoceros
The Rhinoceros snorted through its great dark nostrils and slowly shook its gnarled head this way and that. Its immense tank-like body tense with indecision, the Rhino met the girl’s gaze. She, a mere five feet away, looked into the virtually blind eyes hooded with heavy lids and felt a sense of awe faced with the powerful beast, an oversight of time and nature, a veritable pre-ice age throwback. Its horn was of regal maturity and the Rhino seemed to regard it and the girl with a knowing indifference. Again, the slow head shaking.
Then the Rhinoceros ordered a large Coke, jumbo fries, and two cheeseburgers to go.
“Thank you, sir! Have a nice day!”
More like this:
- Gynocerous? — Dec. 26, 2014
- A New Hope For Endangered Animals — Sept. 6, 2011
- Tundra # 15 — April 25, 2010
- The rhino as fire marshall — Jan. 16, 1997
- San Diego Wild Animal Park, one year after opening — Aug. 23, 1973