Chinese Flame Trees
Chinese flame trees are now displaying colorful clusters of orange, reddish, or salmon-pink seed pods. Good specimens line the south end of Balboa Drive in Balboa Park, and Lake Murray Boulevard through San Diego's San Carlos district. Most of the remainder of San Diego's ornamental trees will continue to remain drab until November, the onset of "autumn" botanically.
More like this:
- Autumn trademarks in San Diego — dense fog and Chinese flame trees — Sept. 24, 2017
- Chinese flame trees in bloom under a fully lit moon — Oct. 13, 2016
- Wind, Mexican Coral Trees, and Ornamental Peach Trees — March 3, 2011
- Ground Fog, Spider Webs, and Chinese Flame Trees — Oct. 10, 2010
- Dense Ground Fogs, Spider Webs, Chinese Flame Trees, and a Thin Crescent Moon — Oct. 1, 2008