The Silk Oak Tree
The silk oak tree, a fast-growing import from Australia, comes into short-lived glory this month. Golden flower clusters decorate the silvery-green branches, an effect that is particularly stunning when seen in contrast to the blue-blossoming jacaranda trees often planted nearby. A common tree in San Diego-area parks, the silk oak is also a popular street and back-yard tree in the older residential areas.
More like this:
- Oaks bring fall to Cuyamaca, Laguna, and Palomar mountains — Oct. 7, 2017
- The brash coloration of wildflowers and silk oaks — May 6, 2017
- Floss Silks, Black Oaks, and Autumn Leaves — Oct. 27, 2010
- Silk Oaks and Monkey-Flowers — May 1, 2010
- Black Oaks, Floss Silks, and Orionid — Oct. 16, 2008