Lilac of the South
Crape Myrtles are in bloom around San Diego this month through the end of summer. This smallish, vase-shaped tree blossoms in colors ranging from white or pale pink to lavender, red, and blue. "Lilac of the South" is one of the nicknames given to this native tree of China because of its popularity in the warmer parts of the United States.
More like this:
- June brings gloom, crape myrtles, and western azaleas — June 3, 2017
- July: San Diego's Driest Month — July 7, 2016
- Crape Myrtles and Western Azalea in Bloom — June 5, 2011
- Agaves, Crape Myrtles, and Native Lilies — June 29, 2010
- Ocean Temps to Desert Annuals — June 4, 2008