Various Authors 3:12 p.m., June 24
Yesterday I spent five hours in Rosarito and appreciated every moment. What I love the most about Baja is that everything moves at a slow pace. There isn’t the same high-strung day to day urgency in Rosarito that you find in San Diego. It’s refreshing.
I caught this guy drinking a beer with some buddies at 11:30am at tiny street side bar.
Quinceanera dress shops are common in Rosarito. This shop has a small room in the back with a couple of sewing machines where designers create and hand bead wedding gowns and quinceanera dresses.
Brenda Macias was standing in the doorway of her Rosarito home when I snapped this photo.
There is tons of graffiti in Baja. Some of it is beautiful,some not so much. The one thing I found interesting was that taggers tend to leave religious billboards, symbols, and buildings alone. Everything else was pretty much fair game.
More like this:
- Street Style Tijuana: Vaqueros — Jan. 21, 2013
- San Diego Street Style: Best of 2012 — Dec. 26, 2012
- Street Style: Coronado — Sept. 18, 2012
- Street Style: Balboa Park Revisited — Sept. 7, 2012
- Ocean Beach Street Style Revisited: Hippies Galore — Aug. 16, 2012